In the scope of a public tender, Crossrail was looking for partners to support its maintenance activities for its new London rail line, Elizabeth Line, running East to West, connecting Reading to Shenfield, with branch lines reaching either Heathrow Airport and City Airport.
For four of the lots of this project, our long-term partner DMA S.r.l., located in Turin, Italy, is providing measurement equipment and integration services for a comprehensive measurement vehicle for Crossrail:
- Track Geometry Measurement System
- Track Component Video Inspection System
- Structure Gauging Measurement System
- DMA Tracksnet Data Management and Analysis Solution
DMA is responsible for the complete Integration of all measurement systems for the entire vehicle, including third parties such as Sperry.
In addition to these measurement tools, Crossrail needed a Balise Transmission Module (BTM) capable of reading Eurobalises and sending the balise telegrams to a measurement system within a deterministic and short response time.
ERTMS Solutions proven-in-use BaliseLifeCheck has been tailored to fit the Crossrail and DMA project. It reads the balises and sends the balise message along with the odometric information.
- It sends in “real-time”, after passing over each balise, its content (user data) together with an odometric stamp (time, position, speed), by means of a LAN/UDP periodical message.
- It receives the odometric value by means of a single channel
- It is remotely activated and de-activated by means of remote turn-on/turn-off messages
We are glad to join our forces with DMA to satisfy together Crossrail’s expectations.
Should you have any questions regarding this project, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org